The objective is to make a significant contribution in creating general recognition of the essential role which property valuers play, in not only the economic, but also the social and political spheres of our society. Right of Way compensation and expropriation within a developing country and growing infrastructure requires highly experienced Property Valuers. One have to comply with legislative regulations, but also consider consumer rights. South African property markets are buoyant and somewhat different from other international markets, although similar valuation approaches apply. In general, property types in the local market are characterised by historically European architecture, but has been adapted to fit domestic culture and environments. Part of investigations are to inform relevant stakeholders on the common understanding of value-contributing-attributes of real estate
The Functions of This Committee Shall Be As Follows:
- Improve and promote the underestimated importance of property valuation services within the Right of Way industry.
- Engage the SA Council for Property Valuation Professionals (SACPVP).
- Engage the SA Institute of Valuers (SAIV).
- And RICS to support SARWA for member and educational social networking.
- Offer regular educational workshops discussing practical valuation scenarios.
- Regulating valuation standards, quality and compliancy to local legislations.
- Promote international transparency.
- Creating a professional benchmark for reliable valuation concepts and principals.
- Provide guidance to meet the emerging international market needs.
Commonly Known Purpose of Valuation
- Strip Valuation
- Market Valuation
- Financial Loss Compensation
- Airspace FAR